Recreational Activities: Sport
- Walking – a vast network of footpaths including some pub strolls exist in Richmond and Swaledale providing magnificent scenery, and both the Pennine Way and Wainwright’s Coast to Coast routes traverse with the district. A number of holiday companies - www.c2cpackhorse.co.uk; www.discoverytravel.co.uk to name a few, provide baggage transfers and accommodation along the Coast to Coast route.
- Cycling – a broad diversity of country lanes and off road cycle routes exist and the landscape is spectacular. The Richmond Meet, a full weekend of cycling events is held every Spring Bank Holiday. A number of bike shops are available in the locality. For bike hire – Tel: 01748 850252. For baggage transfers contact www.c2cpackhorse.co.uk
- Mountain Biking – the Dales Mountain Bike Centre offers a variety of skills courses to suit all levels of mountain biking ability along with maintenance bike skill courses. For further details please contact 01748 884908 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trial Motor Biking – the Richmond Motor Club offers a number of trial bike events throughout the year including the well known ‘Scott Trial’. For further details, please contact www.richmondmotorclub.
- Car Rally & Bike Ride-Out Days - Tan Hill is possibly the Car Rally and Bike Ride-Out capital of the North. With an event almost every week of the year and almost every day in the summer there is much to offer every motorist - stunning scenery, quaint villages and best of all some of the finest roads you will ever drive on in the country. For further details email: email@example.com
- Running – great training routes exist in and around Richmond. The Swlaedale Marathon, a challenging event is held every June and Richmond has it’s own 10K in October, an event not to be missed!
- Horse riding – a number of equestrian centres are situated around Richmond offering the opportunity to learn to ride or to enjoy trecking in the beautiful countryside.
- Golf – an 18 hole course is located in Richmond and in nearby Catterick. Visitors are welcome at both clubs. Richmond Golf Club -Tel: 01748 822457, Catterick Golf Club – Tel: 01748 833268
- Angling – After buying a local permit, anglers can enjoy fishing in one of Britain’s best mixed fishing rivers together with a number of well stocked lakes in the area.